There’s a reason Excel is so ubiquitous in the workplace. Its versatility allows you to do a plethora of different things like track KPIs, create sales receipts, and record time cards.
To make your life a little easier, we compiled some of our favorite Excel templates for business.
Get your free Excel templates
These handy Excel templates will save you precious time when creating business documents.
1. Timeline template
Time is a resource that can’t be gained back, which is why it’s essential to track it. Thistimeline templateby Vertex42 gives you an overview of the milestones and events that team members should be aware of.
2. Gantt chart template
Need something more sophisticated than a project timeline? Look no further than this Gantt chart templateby Vertex42. You can organize tasks, change dates and track the status of tasks using easy-to-master excel functions and formulas.
3. To-do list template
A big part of the solution creating process is simply knowing what needs to get done. This to-do list template by Vertex42 is perfect for keeping you and your team in the loop.
With this template, you can add project tasks, the priority level, a due date, who’s in charge, and status updates.
4. Issue-tracking template
Learning from mistakes is key for growth, both professionally and personally. Enter, the issue-tracking template.
This template allows you to keep a log of what went wrong, the priority of the issue, the team assigned to tackle it, as well as a comment section to note any findings. Having a birdseye view of what went wrong will help you track recurring issues, and nip them in the bud before they affect the rest of the current project.
5. Weekly time-card template
An economical alternative to time-card software is this free template. The weekly time-cardby Vertex42 calculates hours per week per project, which is particularly handy for smaller businesses that need to track budgets.
6. KPI tracker template
This handy KPI tracker will help you measure the things that matter for business success. The template allows you to consolidate metrics between teams and switch between a table and graphical layout.
7. Party planning template
In charge of planning a work event? Excel can help you out. Use this party planning template to ensure the expenses stay firmly nestled within the budget.
8. Payment invoice template
Save time by using this free invoice template when receiving payments from customers.
9. Portfolio management template
Use this portfolio management template to track how much you earn from your investments. Created by a Singaporean investor and adapted to fit the US stock market, this template also has a summary section for a broad view of yourportfolio.
10. Service invoice template
This invoice template is ideal service-based businesses. It has empty fields to populate with information pertaining to the services you provide.
11. Shipping invoice template
Save money on invoicing software with this template. With this Excel sheet, you can include shipping information, alternate addresses, product codes, and notes.
12. Account statement template
For businesses that bill customers recurringly, this account statement template is super handy for creating a summary of sales made. This is particularly useful for smaller businesses as bookkeeping software can be expensive.
13. Packing slip template
If you’re shipping goods to customers, use this packing slip template to show your customers a breakdown of their order.
14. Price quote template
Simplify your quoting process with this price quote template. The template has sections for the quote description, special notes, customer information, and more!
15. Purchase order template
Once your customer decides to accept your price quote, you can then create a purchase order thanks to this template.
16. Sales receipt template
Use this template to send your customer a sales receipt.
17. Rent receipt template
This rent receipt template is handy If you rent out your office space or home. The simple template allows you to keep a record of payments made on your property.
18. Home office expense tracker template
Solopreneurs working from home will want to use this home office expense tracker to check that they’re making the most out of their eligible tax deductions.
19. Time card template
This time card template is useful for businesses that hire contractors. The sheet allows team members to note the amount of time spent on a project. It also automatically calculates the regular hours and overtime hours along with total hours spent each week.
20. Weekly time card template
Once you have your employees’ daily log all set, you can then transfer that information to this weekly time card template to get a better view of their hours for the month.
21. Weekly timesheet
This weekly timesheet includes breaks in it so you can get a more accurate picture of how many hours your employees are working each week.
If you're looking for a daily schedule template, check out this resource.
22. Payroll calculator template
This payroll calculator template helps you account for deductions when determining gross pay.
23. Startup business plan template
Ever heard the phrase “if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail”? This startup business plan template helps you get one step closer to success. The sheet includes instructional sections for an executive summary, marketing plan, startup expenses and more!
24. Existing business plan template
Are you an established business without a formalized financial plan? This template might be the one for you.
25. 12-month marketing plan template
Plan for the year ahead with this 12-month marketing plan template. The highly detailed template helps you identify: your market, your target customer, your business goals, strategies and tactics, and budget.
26. Editorial content calendar template
Content and social media have only grown in importance over the past few years. This editorial content calendar template is a handy way to track when and where you post over a few months.
27. On-page SEO template
This on-page SEO template is great for organizing on-page SEO strategy, documenting any changes, and more.
28. SWOT analysis template
Use this SWOT analysis to ensure you and your team are systematically identifying and adapting to opportunities and potential threats
29. Event planning template
In the event planning business or simply want to celebrate a milestone with your team? Check out this event planning template so yours runs without a hiccup.
30. Job application template
Looking to expand your team in a smart, efficient way? This job application template might be the tool you need. You can use it as is, or edit the entry fields so you can screen for the skills and qualities necessary for the role.
31. World meeting planner
If you work as part of a global remote team, you are probably aware of the inconvenience that comes with coordinating a mutually optimal time for meetings. This world meeting planner and time zone converter will save you multiple e-visits to timeanddate.com when coordinating with your coworkers.
32. Business financial plan template
Download this business financial plan template to track and forecast your spending and income for the future.
33. Business budget expense template
Want a more comprehensive financial tracker? Look no further than this business budget expense template. You can evaluate your actual expenses against your actual budget both numerically and graphically.
34. To do list template
Become an Excel pro
Want to learn how to use Excel like a pro (and maybe create a couple templates of your own)? Check out our range of Excel courses, complete with video lessons with accompanying cheat sheets, exercises, and quizzes to bolster your learning.
For more Excel templates, check out this handy article.Free Excel crash course Learn Excel essentials fast with this FREE course. Get your certificate today! Start free course
- Optimize references and links.
- Minimize the used range.
- Allow for extra data.
- Improve lookup calculation time.
- Optimize array formulas and SUMPRODUCT.
- Use functions efficiently.
- Create faster VBA macros.
- Consider performance and size of Excel file formats.
Microsoft Excel enables users to identify trends and organize and sort data into meaningful categories. Excel also performs Human Resources functions, such as sorting worked hours and organizing employee profiles and expenses, which help businesses better understand the structure and activities of their workforce.
- Go to Office.com.
- Click Templates at the top of the page.
- On the Templates page, click Excel. ...
- Click the template you want, click Edit in Browser, sign in if prompted, and then click Continue.
- Qualify your response by indicating that while you think you're good at Excel, that you want to become much better. ...
- Name drop some Excel features. ...
- Mention areas that you are working to improve.
- Saving and Opening a Workbook. Saving and opening an Excel workbook is just like as you do in any other application. ...
- Managing Worksheets. ...
- Formatting Cells. ...
- Printing. ...
- Excel Functions (Basic) ...
- Charts. ...
- Sorting Data. ...
- Find and Replace Option.
Advanced Excel skills include the ability to produce graphs and tables, use spreadsheets efficiently, and perform calculations and automation to process large volumes of data. With the rise of big data and data analytics, advanced Excel skills are a real asset both during the job hunt and everyday work tasks.
Worldwide, more than 2 billion people use spreadsheet technologies such as Excel and Google Sheets. Companies hire candidates with Excel skills because the use of spreadsheets is considered standard for daily business analytics.
The main uses of Excel include: Data entry. Data management. Accounting.
You can use this flexible program to build models for analyzing data, write simple and complex formulas to perform calculation on that data, pivot the data any way that you want, and present data in a variety of professional looking charts.
Click File, and then click Save As. In the File name box, type the name that you want to use for the template. In the Save as type box, click Excel Template, or click Excel Macro-Enabled Template if the workbook contains macros that you want to make available in the template. Click Save.
Microsoft Excel allows creating two special templates - Book. xltx and Sheet. xltx - that are the basis for all new workbooks and all new worksheets, respectively.
In Microsoft Excel, go to File > Options > Save and paste the copied path into the Default personal templates location box, exactly as we did in step 2 of Method 1. And now, whenever you click File > New, the Personal tab is there and your custom Excel templates are available for use.
- Basic Excel functions, including SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT, and IF.
- Ability to use conditional formatting to automatically format cells.
- Knowledge of keyboard shortcuts to make work more efficient.
- What are common data formats in Excel? How are they used? ...
- What is the order of operations used in Excel formulas? ...
- Explain VLOOKUP in common terms. ...
- What are some limitations of VLOOKUP?
- It's hard to assess Excel skills in interviews.
- Ask what functions they've used, such as “sumif,” “vlookups,” and “if”
- Ask what their favorite advanced funciton is.
- Ask about classes, certifications, and online training they've taken.
- How to navigate the interface. ...
- Learn some useful shortcuts. ...
- Freeze panes. ...
- Learn how to master Excel formulas. ...
- Create a simple drop-down list. ...
- Visualize key data with conditional formatting. ...
- Flash fill. ...
- Summarize data with PivotTables.
- Master the Shortcuts. You can save precious time by learning some keyboard shortcuts. ...
- Import Data from a Website. Learning how to import data is an essential function that can greatly speed up your workflow. ...
- Filter Your Results. ...
- Calculate the Sum. ...
- AutoCorrect and AutoFill. ...
- Display Formulas. ...
- Manage Page Layout.
The Expert is marked with depth of spreadsheet knowledge and efficiency in its use. With this disposition, the expert is able to build spreadsheet models, dashboards and automated templates for use by lower level users of Excel. On a scale of one to ten, the Expert level falls on or between a six or a seven.
- The exam is called the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Excel.
- The minimum pass score is 700.
- The test is time metered with a maximum duration of 60 minutes.
- Exams are scheduled every Friday between 11 AM and 5 PM and at recognized centers.
How Do You Calculate Efficiency? Efficiency can be expressed as a ratio by using the following formula: Output ÷ Input. Output, or work output, is the total amount of useful work completed without accounting for any waste and spoilage. You can also express efficiency as a percentage by multiplying the ratio by 100.
- Efficiency = 100% * (transferred - retransmitted) / transferred.
- Network Loss = 100 - Efficiency.
The work efficiency formula is efficiency = output / input, and you can multiply the result by 100 to get work efficiency as a percentage. This is used across different methods of measuring energy and work, whether it's energy production or machine efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency. A standard incandescent light bulb converts about about 2% of its energy consumption to light and 98% to heat. ...
- Work Efficiency. Under ideal conditions, a particular programmer can write about 1000 lines of code in a day. ...
- Process Efficiency. ...
- Solar Panels. ...
- Device Efficiency. ...
BEING EFFICIENT REDUCES COSTS
Being efficient in your day-to-day operations helps you improve your productivity, increases your production output and can eliminate time-consuming admin tasks. It may also mean that you don't need to rely so heavily on external suppliers, expensive machinery or even stop-gap employees.
Efficiency is the ability to produce an intended result in the way that results in the least waste of time, effort, and resources. Effectiveness is the ability to produce a better result, one that delivers more value or achieves a better outcome.
- Avoid Volatile Formula. ...
- Utilize Helper Columns. ...
- Bypass Array Formulas. ...
- Reduce Use of Conditional Formatting. ...
- Use Named Ranges and Excel Tables in Formulas. ...
- Extract Values from Formulas. ...
- Separate Referenced Data in Another Single Sheet. ...
- Stop Using Whole Row/Column in References.
250 megabytes (MB) total file size limit.
It can be measured by dividing total net sales by accounts receivable, which is the number of receivables paid during a fixed period. An efficient business has a high turnover, meaning sales are quickly converted to cash that can be used to pay bills and grow the business.
You can measure employee productivity with the labor productivity equation: total output / total input. Let's say your company generated $80,000 worth of goods or services (output) utilizing 1,500 labor hours (input). To calculate your company's labor productivity, you would divide 80,000 by 1,500, which equals 53.
The line efficiency formula is the number of hours when a high-volume pick-and-place machine is putting parts on the printed circuit board, divided by the number of hours where you are staffing the SMT assembly line. Put more simply, it is the placement time hours divided by the staffed time hours times 100.